How do you apply for free legal aid

Applications for free legal advice should be sent to the County Governor in the county you reside in or are resident in for some time. In many types of prioritised cases lawyers/legal assistants may grant free legal advice themselves if the income and capital limits are met, and it is then not necessary to apply to the County Governor. Applications for free legal aid in foreign matters must always be sent to the County Governor of Oslo and Akershus.

In cases before the courts you send the application to the court which is to process your case.