When the loss may be covered by social-security provisions, insurance, etc.

Compensation for victims of violent crimes does not cover losses which may be covered by other schemes.

Some losses may be covered by other public compensation schemes, for example sick pay, travel expenses for treatment, dental treatment following acts of violence. Information about what is covered can be obtained by contacting The Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service.

Many people will be able to have expenses refunded through their insurance. We therefore recommend that you contact your insurance company to investigate whether you are covered by your insurance.

If the injury occurred while you were at work you might be eligible for compensation under an industrial liability insurance. Your employer has an obligation to send notification of the injury to your local Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service office. If your employer has not done so you can report the injury yourself.